Monday, October 6, 2008

You Make Good Coffee

So have you guys seen the newest Budd Boetticher western? It's a hoot 'n a half!

EDIT: It just occurred to me that some people out there might not be familiar with Boetticher, so allow me to elaborate: he was a man who became famous for making the most straightforward westerns in the history of time. The typical (read: every) Boetticher plot goes like this: A man (Randolph Scott) rides a horse in a direction. Along the way he will probably find another man, whom he will shoot with his gun. There may be a woman, but probably not. Later, Scott will ride his horse some more, and possibly drink some coffee. The end!

Sound familiar?

2 comments:

elgringo said...

I remember when Diane Lane was attached to Appaloosa. Sigh...

Also, Seven Men from Now just might be my favorite Western.

Keith said...

More than Back to the Future Part III? Wait, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Stupid ambiguous written words!